1) You have 30 days, from date of purchase, to return or exchange an unopened or unused item(s) with an approved RMA number.
2) Item(s) purchased more than 30 days ago are not returnable. If an item(s) becomes defective and was purchased more than 30 days ago, it must be returned to the manufacturer per their warranty.
3) Returns exchanged for new merchandise or a store credit will not be charged a restocking fee. All other returns will be subject to a 20% restocking fee.
4) Defective Digital Command Control (DCC) products must be returned to the manufacturer for replacement unless the product is unopened.
5) Shipping, handling, duties and any other related fees are not refundable.
6) All returns and exchanges must receive the approval of ModelTrainsQuick.com before it will be accepted. ModelTrainsQuick.com will issue a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number to you that is connected to your ModelTrainsQuick.com order number. To obtain an RMA number, go to your My Account page and click the request RMA tab next to your order number. Do not return your item(s) until you receive your RMA instructions from us.
The returned item(s) must also include the original box and packing materials and have the RMA number written on the outside of the shipping box. All items being returned for exchange and/or refund MUST be returned in the same new condition which they were shipped to the customer including the manufacturers packaging and all included instructions, manuals, etc. Any item(s) that have been modified in any way, such as, but not limited to, changes in appearance, (weathering, decals, painting), additional, removed or replaced parts, will not be accepted and neither credits nor exchanges will be given. All items returned for credit or exchange will be verified by a Customer Service Representative before a credit, store credit or exchange is processed. Do not ship returns/exchanges in the manufacturers’ box alone. Please ship all returns/exchanges in a shipping box / carton. Replacements, exchanges and/or credits will be shipped/processed once we receive the returned item(s). Any items returned that have not received an approved RMA number will not be accepted and will be returned to the sender.
7) Your return/exchange may qualify for ModelTrainsQuick.com to pay for return ground postage. This will be determined on a case by case basis. If your return/exchange does qualify, you will receive a return mailing label from FedEx or USPS via e-mail with shipping instructions. Please drop the package off at your nearest FedEx location or Post Office depending on shipper.
International customers should use the most economical mail service available in their country. ModelTrainsQuick.com will not reimburse return shipping costs for customers who return items using express or next-day shipping options.
Items Damaged During Shipping
For any item(s) damaged during shipping, please notify us by email using our Contact Us form. We will provide further instructions. Please retain the damaged shipping box and all contents for inspection by the carrier agent, unless otherwise instructed by ModelTrainsQuick.com.
Claims for damages will be handled by the carrier agent. Upon submission of a claim, processing and receiving the reimbursement for the claim, we will reimburse you for the damaged product(s).
If you need warranty work or a replacement, please contact the manufacturer. We will gladly help you get contact information (Contact Us). We will accept defective item returns within 30 days from the date of purchase for an exchange or replacement only. Any items that quit working or become defective after 30 days will be considered under warranty and must be handled by the manufacturer.